The Turkish Coalition USA Political Action Committee (TC-USA PAC), based in Washington, DC, was established in 2007. It is independent, nonpartisan, and not affiliated with any political party, candidate, religious movement, or charity. TC-USA PAC’s goals are
- increasing the volume of the Turkish American voice in the political arena
- encouraging Turkish Americans to run for public office
- fundraising for Turkish American political candidates
- fostering a robust US-Turkey partnership
- promoting balanced dialogue in the discussion of foreign affairs
- advancing democratic values including human rights, gender equality, religious freedom, minority rights, freedom of the press, and the rule of law.
In implementing its mission, TC-USA PAC raises funds for contributions to political parties and other PACs; and national, regional, and local political candidates.
Who Can Contribute to TC-USA PAC?
Only US citizens and permanent residents (green card holders) can contribute. Contributions are not deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes. Contributions from corporations, foreign nationals, and minors are prohibited. Third-party transfers are not permitted under law. The maximum contribution per individual is $5,000 per year and up to $10,000 per year for couples.
Why Contribute to TC-USA PAC?
Unlike Turkish American charitable organizations, TC-USA PAC is a legal entity, regulated by the Federal Election Commission, that is allowed under the law to support and oppose political candidates. TC-USA PAC, like other PACs, provides a mechanism for Turkish Americans to support candidates who share their interests. By collectively supporting TC-USA PAC, Turkish Americans can magnify their voice in the political arena to ensure that it is heard “loud and clear.”